All artwork and text is copyrighted by Paul Lasaine, unless otherwise attributed to the respective copyright owner. It is illegal to publish, print or reproduce any such artwork or text without written permission by the artist or copyright owners.



Welcome to my my Portfolio Page.

This is where you'll find my professional work (and some personal pieces as well).

As always, I'm unable to post my current work, as it's for films that have yet to hit the big screen.

Don't forget to visit my BLOG. There's more of my work there, plus a bunch of other fun stuff.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Surf's Up - post #4

Pen-gu Island Beaches

What's a surfing movie without beaches? We painted lots of beaches.
Design credit for the beaches goes to Art Director, Marcelo Vignali, and Chief Location Designer, Armand Serrano, without whom this film would not have existed. OK, it would have existed...it just wouldn't have looked as good.


Layout: Marcelo Vignali

This one was used for the billboard adds. There were characters in front of it.


Here are some color keys I did for the sequence where Cody arrives at the island. Again, compositions for these and all the color keys came from the Layout Department headed up by James Williams.




3 comments:

Marc said...

These are stunning!

Dibumac said...

I'm really surprised by the similarity of the color studies and the final renders in the movie. You all did a great job !

And you are right, Surf's Up deserved more at the box office. But, just renember how bad Iron Giant did.

Or, more recently, one wonders how can Shreck 3 almost double Ratatouille figures.... People are crazy !
:)

Yhanks for posting these beautiful works !

Shelly Wan said...

Amazingly informative and a feast for my eyes~~ ^_^
Yeah, look to Iron Giant~ or Pan's labryinth. Not all great movies make money and not all movies that make money are great or even good. it's really too bad Surf's Up didn't make much, i LOVE the art books Sony puts out~ So much fun to look at!
I am sure whatever you are working on now is Amazing and will probably sing at the box office~ :)

sw